ERRB: Field Epidemiology for Mine Action Course (FEMAC)
This course is held, usually annually, at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in Atlanta, Georgia, USA and around the world in landmine affected regions.
- Provide Mine Risk Educators (MRE) and related program mangers with basic epidemiological skills.
- Adapt basic epidemiologic tools for mine action use and document for use in International Mine Action Standards (IMAS) MRE manual.
- Compile lessons learned from participants for use in IMAS MRE implementation.
- Develop a foundation for future FEMACs including MRE behavior change course.
- Monitor and evaluate mine action course.
- Trainees from MRE working group
- CDC, UNICEF and other instructors
- Invited stakeholder guests
- Basic EPI theory
- EPI methods
- EPI INFO Program use
- Data for decision making
- Scientific writing
- Program evaluation
- Behavior modification and measurement