Global Immunization Strategic Framework 2011–2015: Strategic Principles
This immunization framework is based on key elements of CDC’s overall global health strategy:
- Assist ministries of health in planning and managing health programs effectively.
- Eradicate and eliminate disease where possible and feasible.
- Strengthen the ability of governments and multilateral organizations to achieve major global health goals.
- Create a flexible and responsive portfolio of global health programs at CDC to reflect the changing burden and distribution of disease globally.
- Acquire new knowledge to improve achievement of global health goals.
- Improve the effectiveness and efficiency of health systems globally.
- Promote equal access and equitable delivery to all people of needed vaccines and other health interventions.