IERH Scientific Publications: Mental Health in Conflict-Affected Populations
See also IERH Program Fact Sheet: Mental Health in Conflict-Affected Populations.
- Mollica R, Lopes Cardozo B, Osofsky H, et al. Mental health in complex emergencies. Lancet. 2004;364:2058-2067.
- Lopes Cardozo B, Fricchione G. Mental health in areas of conflict in Massachusetts General Hospital. In: Georgiopoulos A, Rosenbaum J, ed. Handbook of Multicultural Psychiatry: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins; 2004:281-290.
- Golaz A, Guha-Sapir D, Lopes Cardozo B, et al. Overview of mental health issues in populations affected by war and genocide. Proceedings of the 5th World Congress of the International Association for Emergency Psychiatry. Amsterdam: Elsevier; 1999.
- Sabin M, Lopes Cardozo B, Nackerud L, et al. Factors associated with poor mental health among Guatemalan refugees living in Mexico 20 years after civil conflict. JAMA. 2003;290:635-642.
- Lopes Cardozo B, Bilukha O, Gotway C, et al. Mental health of women in postwar Afghanistan. Journal of Women's Health. 2005;14(4):285-293.
- Scholte W, Olff M, Ventevogel P, et al. Mental health symptoms following war and repression in eastern Afghanistan. JAMA. 2004;292(5):585-593.
- Lopes Cardozo B, Bilukha O, Gotway Crawford C, et al. Mental Health, social functioning and disability in postwar Afghanistan. JAMA. 2004;292(5):575-584.
Top of Page
- van Griensven F, Chakkraband MLS, Thienkrua W, et al. Mental health problems among adults in tsunami-affected areas in southern Thailand. JAMA. 2006;296(5):537-548.
- Thienkrua W, Lopes Cardozo B, Chakkraband MLS, et al. Symptoms of posttraumatic stress disorder and depression among children in tsunami-affected areas in southern Thailand. JAMA. 2006;296(5):549-559.
- Lopes Cardozo B, Talley L, Burton A, et al. Karenni refugees living in Thai-Burmese border camps: traumatic experiences, mental health outcomes, and social functioning. Social Science and Medicine. 2004;58:2637-2644.
- Lopes Cardozo B, Kaiser R, Gotway C, et al. Mental health, social functioning and feelings of hatred and revenge of Kosovar Albanians one year after the war in Kosovo. Journal of Traumatic Stress. 2003;16(4):351-360.
- Salama P, Spiegel P, Van Dyke M, et al. Mental health and nutritional status among the adult Serbian minority in Kosovo. JAMA. 2000;284(5):578-584.
- Lopes Cardozo B, Vergara A, Agani F, et al. Mental health, social functioning and attitudes of Kosovar Albanians following the war in Kosovo. JAMA. 2000;284(5):569-577.
Top of Page