IERH Scientific Publications: Malaria
- CDC. Assessment of health-related needs after tsunami and earthquake - three districts, Aceh Province, Indonesia, July-August 2005. MMWR. 2006;55(04):93-97.
- Durrheim DN, Williams HA. Assuring effective malaria treatment in Africa: drug efficacy is necessary but not sufficient. Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health. 2005;59(3):178-179.
- Ngalame P, Williams H, Jones C, et al. Participation of African social scientists in malaria control: identifying enabling and constraining factors. Malaria Journal. 2004;3(47).
- Williams H, Durrheim D, Shretta R. The process of changing national malaria treatment policy – lessons from country-level studies. Health Policy and Planning. 2004;19(6):356-370.
- Williams H, Jones C. A critical review of behavioral issues related to malaria control in sub-Saharan Africa: what contributions have social Scientists made? Social Science and Medicine. 2004;59:501-523.
- Jones COH, Williams HA. The social burden of malaria: what are we measuring? American Journal of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene. 2004;71(2 Suppl):156-161.
- Durrheim D, Williams H, Barnes K, et al. Beyond evidence: A retrospective study of factors influencing a malaria treatment policy change in two South African provinces. Critical Public Health. 2003;13(4):309-330.
- Council NR. Malaria control during mass population movements and natural disasters. Roundtable on the Demography of Forced Migration. Committee on Population, Division of Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education and Program on Forced Migration and Health at the Mailman School of Public Health of Columbia University, Washington, DC: The National Academies Press; 2003.
- Bloland PB, Kachur SP, Williams HA. Trends in antimalarial drug deployment in sub-Saharan Africa. Journal of Experimental Biology. 2003;206(Pt 21):3761-3769.
- Jones C, Williams HA. Social sciences in malaria control. Trends in Parasitology. 2002;18(5):195-196.
- Williams H, Jones C, Alilio M, et al. The contribution of social science research to malaria prevention and control. Bulletin of the WHO. 2002;80(3):251-252.
- Williams H, Bloland P. A Practical Discussion of Applied Public Health Research in the Context of Complex Emergencies: Examples from Malaria Control in Refugee Camps. National Association for the Practice of Anthropology Bulletin. 2001; 21(1): 70-88.
Top of Page