IETA Eligibility Criteria
Minimum requirements for applicants include:
- Applicant must be employed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for at least 12 months at the time of application.
- Applicant must be a Federal employee at a minimum of GS-12 level or Commissioned Corps O-3 or above for at least 6 months at the time of application.
- Applicant must be in his or her current position for 12 or more consecutive months at the time of application. .
- Individuals enrolled in fellowship training programs (such as Epidemic Intelligence Service, Public Health Prevention Service, Emerging Leaders Program, Presidential Management Fellows) are not eligible.
- Applicant must have the written permission of first-level and second-level supervisors to be released for three mandatory workshops and one 12-week international assignment. The employing office must be willing to cover costs associated with all training, including travel to Atlanta, GA.
- Applicant must have a current full-year performance appraisal rating of at least “Achieved Expected Results (AE)” or its equivalent. Commissioned Corps applicants must have a COER rating of at least "Satisfactory". This rating must be submitted with your application package.
- Applicant may have no more than 3 consecutive months prior public health experience in low resource country.
- Participants must complete Department of State medical clearance after preliminary acceptance to the program. Any participant with a chronic illness may be refused clearance by the State Department. Their decision is final and will result in the applicant being dropped from the program.
- Applicants must be fully eligible for a government credit card and must have secured one before the first workshop.