A Career with the CDC Division of Global HIV/AIDS
Welcome! Thank you for your interest in a career with CDC’s Division of Global HIV/AIDS (DGHA). This is the first step towards an exciting career in global public health.
CDC provides support to more than 60 countries as a key partner in the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). With over 60 years of expertise in preventing and fighting diseases, CDC plays a critical role in helping Ministries of Health in partner countries build strong and sustainable programs that respond effectively to the HIV/AIDS epidemic.
CDC’s long and proud history of improving the health of people across the globe is made possible by our caring and talented workforce. Our staff address the HIV/AIDS epidemic using science-based approaches that help move us closer to an AIDS-free generation. We work with partner countries to:
- Expand quality care and treatment
- Build high quality laboratories
- Develop robust health information systems
- Monitor and evaluate program success
- Implement effective prevention programs
- Strengthen surveillance systems
- Build a sustainable healthcare workforce
- Ensure impact and accountability
Sound like a good fit for you? Learn more!