Genomics and Health Weekly Update
About Genomics & Health Weekly Update
The Genomics & Health Weekly Update provides information about the impact of human genetic research about disease prevention and public health. It is published each Thursday except on major holidays. It is distributed only in electronic form and is free of charge.
The Genomics & Health Weekly Update is published by the Office of Public Health Genomics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).
Read the current Genomics & Health Weekly Update.
Subscribe to the Genomics & Health Weekly Update. We will use your e-mail address only to send you the Genomics & Health Weekly Update. We will not share your e-mail address. Read our privacy statement.
Content for the Genomics & Health Weekly Update is selected solely for newsworthiness and potential interest to readers. It is organized in the following categories:
- Spotlight - major scientific advances, new legislation, program achievements, and more,
- Genomics Announcements – new genomics funding opportunities, particular publications, events, and other activities,
- Genomics in the News – recent news articles,
- Upcoming Events – upcoming conferences, workshops, and other events,
- Surfing Items – links to Web sites that contain useful resources,
- Genomics in the Scientific Literature – recent peer-reviewed scientific articles,
- HuGE Navigator – links to peer reviewed scientific articles about population prevalence of genotypes, gene-disease associations, gene-environment and gene-gene interactions, and evaluation of genetic tests.
Learn about CDC and OPHG Web policies and regulations.
For help with subscriptions or to make comments or suggestions for the Genomic & Health Weekly Update, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer for the Genomics & Health Weekly Update
CDC and DHHS assume no responsibility for the factual accuracy of the news, surfing items, or any other links external to CDC’s Web site that are presented. The selection, omission, or content of items does not imply any endorsement or other position taken by CDC or DHHS. Opinions expressed by the original authors of items included in the Genomics & Health Weekly Update, or persons quoted therein, are strictly their own and are in no way meant to represent the opinion or views of CDC or DHHS. References to products, trade names, publications, news sources, and non-CDC Web sites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not imply endorsement by CDC or DHHS. The Genomics & Health Weekly Update is in the public domain and may be freely forwarded and reproduced without permission. The original news sources should be cited and not the Genomics & Health Weekly Update.