Spotlight on the 2013 Vision Meeting
Nearly 50 people attended the 2013 FoodCORE Vision Meeting in Atlanta on May 15-16, 2013. There were productive discussions about a variety of topics. The FoodCORE centers were able to develop group consensus about ongoing and upcoming projects, including model practices, metrics reporting and collaborating with partners. At the end of the meeting, all centers had the opportunity to network and have smaller group discussions about their projects and plans. The participants will have another opportunity to meet at the 2013 InFORM Meeting and share their accomplishments.
In addition to participants from each of the FoodCORE centers, attendees also included colleagues from —
- CDC's National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases, including four branches within the Division of Foodborne, Waterborne, and Environmental Diseases (Outbreak Response and Prevention Branch, Enteric Disease Epidemiology Branch, Enteric Disease Laboratory Branch); and the Epidemiology and Laboratory Capacity for Infectious Diseases program within the Division of Preparedness and Emerging Infections.
- CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases.
- CDC's National Center for Environmental Health.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Services.
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration, including the Rapid Response Teams and European Food Safety Authority Liason.
"It was apparent at the 2013 Vision Meeting that FoodCORE centers have successfully tailored their activities to enhance their state and local epidemiologic, laboratory, and environmental health responses to foodborne outbreaks. Through the development and use of standardized metrics and model practices based on real world experience, FoodCORE provides others with valuable resources to consider."
– Kristin G. Holt
Liaison to CDC, U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service
Click here to view Spotlight on the 2013 Vision Meeting [PDF - 780 KB]
- Page last reviewed: January 2, 2014
- Page last updated: January 2, 2014
- Content source: