Good Health Habits for Preventing Seasonal Flu
The single best way to prevent seasonal flu is to get vaccinated each year. Good health habits may also help protect you against the flu. The resources below will help you learn about steps you can take to protect yourself and others from flu and stop the spread of germs.
- Key Facts About Good Health Habits for Preventing Seasonal Flu
Learn about six steps you can take to ensure better health habits.
- Everyday Preventive Actions That Can Help Fight Germs, Like Flu [1.5 MB, 2 pages, 8 ½” x 11”]
(includes printable flyer)
- Cover Your Cough
Get tips on how you can prevent the spread of germs from coughing
(includes printable flyers and posters).
- The Flu: A Guide for Parents [252 KB, 2 pages]
Questions and answers about the flu, how to protect your child, treatment, and more…
- Stopping the Spread of Germs at Home, Work & School
Get resources to share with others to encourage good health habits.
- How to Clean and Disinfect Schools to Help Slow the Spread of Flu [448 KB, 2 pages]
- Smoking & Influenza
Find out why the flu is yet another reason why quitting smoking is important.
- Nonpharmaceutical Interventions (NPIs)
Everyday preventive actions, or nonpharmaceutical interventions (NPIs), are actions -- apart from getting vaccinated or taking medicine -- that people and communities can take to help slow the spread of illnesses like influenza (flu).