Clinical Description & Lab Diagnosis of Influenza
- Influenza Symptoms and the Role of Laboratory Diagnostics
- Influenza Diagnostic Testing Algorithm
- Guidance for Clinicians on the Use of Rapid Influenza Diagnostic Tests
- Guidance for Clinicians on the Use of RT-PCR and Other Molecular Assays for Diagnosis of Influenza Virus Infection
- Continuing Education course by CDC and the Joint Commission: "Strategies for Improving Rapid Influenza Testing in Ambulatory Settings." This course is intended for physicians, physician assistants, registered nurses in ambulatory settings and medical office staff that collect respiratory specimens or perform rapid influenza diagnostic testing. Four 30-minute topic-specific modules are available that offer .5 CE credits each.
- The Joint Commission presents instructional videos on specimen collection for health care personnel, including nasal throat swabs and nasophayngeal swabs.
- Information for Laboratory Directors and Staff