Caring for Someone Sick at Home
Tips for Caregivers
When caring for people who have the flu:
- Avoid being face to face with the sick person. If possible, it is best to spend the least amount of time in close contact with a sick person.
- When holding sick children, place their chin on your shoulder so they will not cough in your face.
- Wash your hands often and the right way.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Make sure to wash your hands after touching the sick person. Wash after handling their tissues or laundry.
- Page last reviewed: February 12, 2013
- Page last updated: February 12, 2013
- Content source: