Seasonal Flu Information for Businesses & Employers
The single best way to prevent seasonal flu is to get a yearly flu vaccine, but good health habits and antiviral medications are other measures that can help protect against the flu. To help businesses, employers, and their employees learn about these strategies for preventing flu, CDC provides the following Toolkit, flyers, posters, and other materials to post and distribute in the workplace.
Materials for Businesses to Promote Vaccination
The purpose of “Make It Your Business To Fight The Flu: A Toolkit for Businesses and Employers” is to provide information and recommended strategies to help businesses and employers promote the 2012 – 2013 seasonal flu vaccine.
The Toolkit includes:
Learn what two strategies are recommended to businesses and employers this flu season.
Promoting Seasonal Flu Vaccination: A Checklist for Businesses and Employers [367 KB, 1 page, 7 ½” x 10”]
Use this checklist to get started.
Host a flu vaccine clinic in the workplace and use this flyer. Complete with fillable text boxes so you can add the location, date, and time of your flu vaccine clinic.
Encourage employees to get vaccinated at locations in the community. Navigate to the Flu Vaccine Finder website to find locations offering flu vaccine then update the flyer and post.
Share this flyer with employees to encourage flu vaccination. Consider posting this in the workplace, or copy and place in mailboxes or include in pay statements or newsletters.
Use this flyer with other workplace managers to kickoff discussions about flu vaccination planning.
Use this information to promote flu vaccination.
Helpful links for businesses and employers.
Promote flu vaccination using web technology
Take advantage of helpful materials for businesses to learn about seasonal flu, plus additional posters and brochures.
Promote flu vaccination using e-mail technology
- Business/Employers Influenza Toolkit Podcast This podcast provides information about recommended strategies to help businesses and employers promote the 2012–2013 seasonal flu vaccine.
- CDC Seasonal Flu Website
- What You Should Know for the 2012-2013 Influenza Season
- What's New on Seasonal Flu(check back regularly!)
- Free Resources
- Seasonal Flu Video and Audio Tools (great to use in meetings!)
- National Influenza Vaccination Week
- Key Facts About Seasonal Flu Vaccine
- Questions and Answers: Seasonal Flu Shot
- Seasonal Flu Shot
- Preventing Seasonal Flu with Vaccination
- What You Should Know About Flu Antiviral Drugs [238 KB, 2 pages, 8 ½” x 11”]
- CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR): Place of Influenza Vaccination Among Adults
- FluVaxView – Influenza Vaccination Coverage
- National Business Group on Health, Vaccinating Against the Flu: A Business Case [133 KB, 1 page, 8 ½" x 11"]
Additional Print Materials
Select materials are free for order (under Flu Materials section).