Go Light When You Grab a Bite
Families in America lead busy lives—balancing work, school, and play. Our busy schedules often mean eating more meals on the go. The new infographic CDC released, Go Light When You Grab a Bite, shows how much more families eat on the go than before. Today, the average American eats away from home four times a week, and studies have shown that can translate to putting on 8 extra pounds a year.
Research shows that the money spent on food away from home in the United States has increased from 26% in 1960 to 49% in 2011. That’s a big jump! The infographic also offers solutions for those days when we’re too busy to make our meals at home.
- Download the infographic or take the Go Light quiz at: www.MakingHealthEasier.org/GoLight
- Share the infographic on Facebook or on Twitter and Pinterest with the hashtag #GoLight.
- Page last reviewed: January 28, 2013
- Page last updated: January 28, 2013
- Content source:
- National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
- Page maintained by: Office of the Associate Director for Communication, Digital Media Branch, Division of Public Affairs