Test Your Knowledge about Kids' Health
Test your knowledge about kid's health by answering the questions below. Click on an answer for each question to find out if you're right and to learn more about the topic.
- Parents should start cleaning their child’s teeth as soon as the first tooth appears.
- Children younger than 6 years should use enough toothpaste with fluoride to cover the toothbrush.
- A parent or other family member’s attitude about tobacco influences a teen’s likelihood to try tobacco products.
- Less than 25% of all rapes of females occur before age 18.
- Birth defects are the leading cause of death in children and adolescents.
- Vaccines protect children against nine potentially serious diseases.
- Kids should wash their hands vigorously together for 20 seconds to remove germs.
- For babies under 6 months of age, sunscreen is the best defense against sunburn.
- Children should get at least 20 to 30 minutes of physical activity on all or most days of the week.
- By the age of 20, the average woman has acquired most of her skeletal mass.
This site contains documents in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to access the file. If you do not have the Acrobat Reader, you may download a free copy from the Adobe Web site.
Page last modified: April 21, 2008
Page last reviewed: March 10, 2008