Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Wear Red for Heart Health
Participate in National Wear Red Day by wearing red on the first Friday of every February. Wearing red will help raise awareness about heart disease, which is the leading cause of death in the United States. Use these tips to take action in lowering your risk for heart disease and heart attack.
- Ask your doctor or nurse how to maintain a healthy weight and how to prevent and control high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, and diabetes.
- If you smoke, call 1-800-QUIT-NOW to help you quit.
- Limit alcohol.
- Make healthy food choices for meals and snacks. Grab a healthy snack on the go.
- Be active. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Park farther away and walk.
- Know the symptoms of a heart attack.
This site contains documents in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to access the file. If you do not have the Acrobat Reader, you may download a free copy from the Adobe Web site.
Page last modified: December 27, 2012
Page last reviewed: December 27, 2012