Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Travel Safely
If you plan to travel, make sure to be proactive, prepared, and protected. Take a few minutes to learn what you can do for a safe and healthy trip:
- Are vaccinations required? If so, call your doctor or nurse to schedule an appointment.
- Do you have enough medicine? If not, call your pharmacy to refill your prescriptions.
- Do you have a travelers’ kit prepared? If not, make one. Include sunscreen, insect repellent, medicine, and basic first-aid items.
- Are you traveling pregnant? If so, find out what extra precautions you will need to take.
- Are you traveling overseas with children? Know health risks and how to avoid them.
- Are you going on a cruise? If so, check the inspection scores for specific ships before you book.
- Are you driving while abroad? Lower your risk of being injured in a car crash while you’re on vacation.
This site contains documents in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to access the file. If you do not have the Acrobat Reader, you may download a free copy from the Adobe Web site.
Page last modified: June 5, 2013
Page last reviewed: June 5, 2013