Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Take a Break
Taking five-minute breaks--whether you sit at a desk, do heavy construction work, or anything in between--can have several benefits. Below are examples of some activities you can do in five minutes or less for rest breaks.
- Take several short breaks throughout the day (about every hour). Make sure they include some movement.
- Take a short walk away from your workstation.
- Stand up and stretch or walk in place at your desk without looking at your computer monitor.
- Get out of your chair whenever you take phone calls at your desk.
- Change positions at your workstation.
- Have a drink of water or a light snack.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC–INFO