Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Stay Warm
Cold temperatures can cause serious health problems, especially in infants, older adults, and the chronically ill. Take a few minutes to prepare yourself and others for cold weather.
- Check the weather report to find out what to expect so you can prepare.
- Avoid traveling when the weather service has issued advisories.
- Stay dry and dress appropriately in layers of loose-fitting, tightly woven clothing.
- Check on family and neighbors who are especially at risk from cold weather hazards.
- Learn safety precautions to follow when outdoors.
- Prepare your car for winter weather.
- Be prepared for weather-related emergencies, including power outages.
All Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tips
- Make Health Your Resolution
- Take Folic Acid
- Lower Your Risk for Cervical Cancer
- Learn the Signs and Symptoms of a Heart Attack
- Wear Red for Heart Health
- 5 Tools for Pregnant Women, New Moms, and Women Who Are Considering Pregnancy
- Be a Healthy Valentine
- Prevent Infections During Pregnancy
- Wear a Helmet
- Limit Alcohol and Prevent Prescription Drug Overdose
- Watch for Milestones
- Prevent STDs
- Garden Safely
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: December 15, 2014
- Page last updated: December 15, 2014
- Content source: