Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Stay Warm
Cold temperatures can cause serious health problems, especially in infants, older adults, and the chronically ill. Take a few minutes to prepare yourself and others for cold weather.
- Check the weather report to find out what to expect so you can prepare.
- Stay dry and dress appropriately in layers of loose-fitting, tightly woven clothing.
- Check on family and neighbors who are especially at risk from cold weather hazards.
- Learn safety precautions to follow when outdoors.
- Prepare your car for winter weather.
- Be prepared for weather-related emergencies, including power outages.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC–INFO