Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Stay Warm
Cold temperatures can cause serious health problems, especially in infants, older adults, and the chronically ill. Take a few minutes to prepare yourself and others for cold weather.
- Check the weather report to find out what to expect so you can prepare.
- Stay dry and dress warmly in several layers of loose-fitting, tightly woven clothing.
- Check on family and neighbors who are especially at risk from cold weather hazards.
- Learn safety precautions to follow when outdoors.
- Prepare your car for winter weather.
This site contains documents in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to access the file. If you do not have the Acrobat Reader, you may download a free copy from the Adobe Web site.
Page last modified: November 28, 2011
Page last reviewed: November 28, 2011