Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Be Smoke-Free
Smoking harms nearly every organ of the body, causing many diseases, affecting the health of smokers and those around them. Quitting smoking has immediate as well as long-term benefits for you and your loved ones. Take a few minutes to make the decision to be smoke-free.
- If you smoke, call 1-800-QUIT-NOW (784-8669) or your doctor or nurse for help in quitting.
- Avoid secondhand smoke. Stay away from other people’s smoke.
- If pregnant, smoking also harms the fetus. Don’t smoke or be around secondhand smoke.
- Choose restaurants and businesses that are smoke-free.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC–INFO