Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Be Safe on Halloween
It’s time for Halloween parties and trick-or-treating! Take a few minutes to help keep children safe.
- Plan safe costumes. Make sure masks and costumes fit well and don’t cover their eyes, so kids can see and move around easily.
- Plan healthy treats. Instead of candy, offer safe nonfood treats or healthy snacks.
- Help children avoid trick-or-treating alone, by having them walk in groups or with a trusted adult.
- Ensure safety on the street. Put reflective tape on treat bags and costumes. Have your children carry a flashlight so drivers can see them. Keep porches and walkways clear of candles and other obstacles. Always WALK and don’t run from house to house.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC–INFO