Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Be Safe on Halloween
It's time for Halloween parties and trick-or-treating! Take a few minutes to help keep children safe.
- Make sure to examine all treats for choking hazards and tampering before eating them.
- Wear costumes that fit properly and don't cover kids' eyes.
- Plan healthy treats. Instead of candy, offer safe nonfood treats or healthy snacks. Limit the amount of treats you eat.
- Always trick-or-treat in groups or with a trusted adult. Never trick-or-treat alone.
- Ensure safety on the street. Mark treat bags and costumes with reflective tape, and have children carry a flashlight so drivers can see them.
- Keep porches and walkways clear of candles and other obstacles. Always WALK and don't run.
All Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tips
- Make Health Your Resolution
- Take Folic Acid
- Lower Your Risk for Cervical Cancer
- Learn the Signs and Symptoms of a Heart Attack
- Wear Red for Heart Health
- 5 Tools for Pregnant Women, New Moms, and Women Who Are Considering Pregnancy
- Be a Healthy Valentine
- Prevent Infections During Pregnancy
- Wear a Helmet
- Limit Alcohol and Prevent Prescription Drug Overdose
- Watch for Milestones
- Prevent STDs
- Garden Safely
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: September 30, 2015
- Page last updated: September 30, 2015
- Content source: