Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Be Safe on Halloween
It’s time for Halloween parties and trick-or-treating! Take a few minutes to help keep children safe.
- Make sure to examine all treats for choking hazards and tampering before eating them.
- Wear costumes that fit properly and don’t cover kids’ eyes.
- Plan healthy treats. Instead of candy, offer safe nonfood treats or healthy snacks. Limit the amount of treats you eat.
- Always trick-or-treat in groups or with a trusted adult. Never trick-or-treat alone.
- Ensure safety on the street. Mark treat bags and costumes with reflective tape, and have children carry a flashlight so drivers can see them.
- Keep porches and walkways clear of candles and other obstacles. Always WALK and don’t run.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC–INFO