Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Protect Your Skin
Take a few minutes to protect your skin and help prevent diseases, including skin cancer and West Nile Virus.
- Put on sunscreen with sun protective factor (SPF) 15 or higher and with both ultraviolet A and ultraviolet B (UVA and UVB) protection. Reapply sunscreen after swimming and excessive sweating.
- Seek shade and consider wearing a wide-brimmed hat.
- Cover up with clothing and sunglasses.
- Avoid using tanning beds and sunlamps.
- Put on insect repellent with DEET or Picaridin to protect from mosquito and tick bites.
This site contains documents in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to access the file. If you do not have the Acrobat Reader, you may download a free copy from the Adobe Web site.
Page last modified: May 1, 2013
Page last reviewed: May 1, 2013