Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Protect Your Skin
Take a few minutes to protect your skin and help prevent diseases.
- Put on sunscreen with sun protective factor (SPF) 15 or higher and with both ultraviolet A and ultraviolet B (UVA and UVB) protection. Reapply sunscreen after swimming and excessive sweating.
- Seek shade and consider wearing a wide-brimmed hat.
- Cover up with clothing and sunglasses.
- Avoid using tanning beds and sunlamps.
- Put on insect repellent with DEET or Picaridin to protect from mosquito and tick bites.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC–INFO