Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Prevent STDs
Take a minute to help prevent the spread of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), including HIV:
- Remember the ABCs: Abstain, Be faithful, and use Condoms.
- Pay attention to your body. If you notice a discharge, sore, or other problems, make an appointment to get checked. Note, however, that not all STDs have symptoms.
- Know your status. Make an appointment to get tested, and encourage your partner(s) to get tested. To find a STD and HIV testing center near you, visit www.hivtest.org or text your zip code to Knowit (566948).
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
All Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tips
- Make Health Your Resolution
- Take Folic Acid
- Lower Your Risk for Cervical Cancer
- Learn the Signs and Symptoms of a Heart Attack
- Wear Red for Heart Health
- 5 Tools for Pregnant Women, New Moms, and Women Who Are Considering Pregnancy
- Be a Healthy Valentine
- Prevent Infections During Pregnancy
- Wear a Helmet
- Limit Alcohol and Prevent Prescription Drug Overdose
- Watch for Milestones
- Prevent STDs
- Garden Safely
- Page last reviewed: April 1, 2015
- Page last updated: April 1, 2015
- Content source: