Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Prevent Infections During Pregnancy
Learn how to help prevent infections in pregnancy and help keep you and your unborn baby safe.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Try not to share forks, cups, and food with young children.
- Cook your meat until it’s well done.
- Avoid unpasteurized (raw) milk and foods from raw milk.
- Do not touch or change dirty cat litter.
- Stay away from wild or pet rodents and their droppings.
- Talk to your doctor or nurse about vaccinations, group B strep, and sexually transmitted diseases.
- Avoid people who have an infection, such as chickenpox or rubella, if you have not yet had it yourself or did not have the vaccine before pregnancy.
This site contains documents in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to access the file. If you do not have the Acrobat Reader, you may download a free copy from the Adobe Web site.
Page last modified: February 4, 2013
Page last reviewed: February 4, 2013