Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Prevent Infections During Pregnancy
Learn how to help prevent infections in pregnancy and help keep you and your unborn baby safe.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Try not to share forks, cups, and food with young children.
- Cook your meat until it’s well done.
- Avoid unpasteurized (raw) milk and foods from raw milk.
- Do not touch or change cat litter.
- Stay away from wild or pet rodents and their droppings.
- Talk to your doctor or nurse about vaccinations, group B strep, and sexually transmitted diseases.
- Avoid people who have an infection, such as chickenpox or rubella, if you have not yet had it yourself or did not have the vaccine before pregnancy.
All Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tips
- Make Health Your Resolution
- Take Folic Acid
- Lower Your Risk for Cervical Cancer
- Learn the Signs and Symptoms of a Heart Attack
- Wear Red for Heart Health
- 5 Tools for Pregnant Women, New Moms, and Women Who Are Considering Pregnancy
- Be a Healthy Valentine
- Prevent Infections During Pregnancy
- Wear a Helmet
- Limit Alcohol and Prevent Prescription Drug Overdose
- Watch for Milestones
- Prevent STDs
- Garden Safely
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: January 5, 2015
- Page last updated: January 5, 2015
- Content source: