Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Limit Alcohol
Alcohol affects every organ in the body. Take a minute to rethink your drink.
- Know your limits. Drinking in moderation is defined as having no more than 1 alcoholic drink per day for women and no more than 2 alcoholic drinks per day for men.
- Choose nonalcoholic beverages if you:
- Are recovering from alcoholism or are unable to control the amount you drink
- May become pregnant or are pregnant
- Plan to drive, operate machinery, or take part in other activities that require attention, skill, alertness, and coordination
- Are taking prescription or over-the-counter medications that can interact with alcohol
- Have certain medical conditions
- Are younger than 21
This site contains documents in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to access the file. If you do not have the Acrobat Reader, you may download a free copy from the Adobe Web site.
Page last modified: March 26, 2013
Page last reviewed: March 26, 2013