Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Teach Kids Healthy Habits
Healthy kids are more likely to become healthy adults. Be a role model and help your kids develop skills to make safe and healthy choices every day.
- Fasten seat belts.
- Put on a helmet during outdoor activities, including riding bikes and inline skating.
- Put on sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Brush and floss teeth.
- Wash hands with clear running water and apply soap. Rub hands for at least 20 seconds, then rinse.
- Grab opportunities to be active with your kids. Children and adolescents need a total of 60 minutes of physical activity every day.
- Be smoke-free, and stay away from secondhand smoke.
- Get a flu vaccine each season.
- Take every opportunity to be a healthy role model. Show your child what it means to respect himself/herself and others.
This site contains documents in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to access the file. If you do not have the Acrobat Reader, you may download a free copy from the Adobe Web site.
Page last modified: October 2, 2012
Page last reviewed: October 2, 2012