Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Have a Healthy Holiday
Take a few minutes to give the gift of health and safety to yourself and others this holiday season.
- Wash hands often for 20 seconds.
- Bundle up for warmth.
- Make an appointment to get a flu shot if you haven’t gotten one already. The best way to protect against influenza is to get a flu vaccine every flu season.
- Eat a light, healthy snack before you go to parties to help curb your hunger and decrease your visits to the buffet table.
- Watch your children. Develop and enforce rules about acceptable and safe behavior for using electronic media.
- Fasten seat belts. Always use them, no matter how short the trip.
- Don’t drink and drive, and don’t let others drink and drive.
This site contains documents in PDF format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to access the file. If you do not have the Acrobat Reader, you may download a free copy from the Adobe Web site.
Page last modified: December 2, 2013
Page last reviewed: December 2, 2013