Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Have a Healthy Holiday
Take a few minutes to give the gift of health and safety to yourself and others this holiday season.
- Wash hands often for 20 seconds.
- Bundle up for warmth.
- Get a flu shot if you haven’t gotten one already. The best way to protect against influenza is to get a flu vaccine every flu season.
- Eat a light, healthy snack before you go to parties to help curb your hunger and decrease your visits to the buffet table.
- Watch your children. Develop and enforce rules about acceptable and safe behavior for using electronic media.
- Fasten seat belts. Always use them, no matter how short the trip.
- Don’t drink and drive, and don’t let others drink and drive.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC–INFO