Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Gearing-Up for School
Schools play a critical role in promoting the health and safety of young people and helping them establish lifelong healthy behavior patterns. Whether your children are heading to kindergarten or college, health and safety should always be at the top of the list. When preparing for school make sure to keep these tips in mind.
- Check that your children are up to date on vaccinations.
- Know the ABC's of concussions.
- Be aware of warning signs and effects of bullying and other youth violence.
- Pledge to keep your teen drivers safe.
- Stay involved in your children's school life to support their health and learning.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact CDC–INFO