Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Gearing-Up for School
Schools play a critical role in promoting the health and safety of young people and helping them establish lifelong healthy behavior patterns. Whether your children are heading to kindergarten or college, health and safety should always be at the top of the list. When preparing for school make sure to keep these tips in mind.
- Check that your children are up to date on vaccinations.
- Know the ABC's of concussions.
- Be aware of warning signs and effects of bullying and other youth violence.
- Pledge to keep your teen drivers safe.
- Stay involved in your children's school life to support their health and learning.
All Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tips
- Make Health Your Resolution
- Take Folic Acid
- Lower Your Risk for Cervical Cancer
- Learn the Signs and Symptoms of a Heart Attack
- Wear Red for Heart Health
- 5 Tools for Pregnant Women, New Moms, and Women Who Are Considering Pregnancy
- Be a Healthy Valentine
- Prevent Infections During Pregnancy
- Wear a Helmet
- Limit Alcohol and Prevent Prescription Drug Overdose
- Watch for Milestones
- Prevent STDs
- Garden Safely
- Page last reviewed: August 31, 2015
- Page last updated: August 31, 2015
- Content source: