Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Garden Safely
Gardening can be a great way to enjoy the outdoors, get physical activity, beautify the community, and grow nutritious fruits and vegetables. Take a few minutes to help stay safe and healthy while gardening.
- Put on protective gear as needed, including safety goggles, sturdy shoes, long pants, gloves, insect repellent, and sun screen with sun protective factor (SPF) 15 or higher.
- If you’re outside in hot weather for most of the day, make an effort to drink more fluids.
- Make sure your tetanus/diphtheria (Td) vaccination is up-to-date. If it’s not, call your health provider to make an appointment to get it.
All Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tips
- Make Health Your Resolution
- Take Folic Acid
- Lower Your Risk for Cervical Cancer
- Learn the Signs and Symptoms of a Heart Attack
- Wear Red for Heart Health
- 5 Tools for Pregnant Women, New Moms, and Women Who Are Considering Pregnancy
- Be a Healthy Valentine
- Prevent Infections During Pregnancy
- Wear a Helmet
- Limit Alcohol and Prevent Prescription Drug Overdose
- Watch for Milestones
- Prevent STDs
- Garden Safely
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: April 1, 2015
- Page last updated: April 1, 2015
- Content source: