Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tip: Eat Healthy
Choose healthy meals and snacks at home, in restaurants, and on the go to improve your health. A healthy lifestyle involves choosing a balanced diet or healthy eating plan that also helps you manage your weight, and includes a variety of foods you may not have considered. If "healthy eating" makes you think about the foods you can't have, try refocusing on all the new foods you can eat.
- Choose fruits, vegetables, and whole grains rather than foods high in sugar, salt, and fat.
- Grab a healthy snack on the go and limit processed foods that are high in salt.
- Read Nutrition Fact Labels to find the healthiest options for your favorite foods.
- Choose water instead of sugary drinks.
All Five Minutes or Less for Health Weekly Tips
- Make Health Your Resolution
- Take Folic Acid
- Lower Your Risk for Cervical Cancer
- Learn the Signs and Symptoms of a Heart Attack
- Wear Red for Heart Health
- 5 Tools for Pregnant Women, New Moms, and Women Who Are Considering Pregnancy
- Be a Healthy Valentine
- Prevent Infections During Pregnancy
- Wear a Helmet
- Limit Alcohol and Prevent Prescription Drug Overdose
- Watch for Milestones
- Prevent STDs
- Garden Safely
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: February 24, 2015
- Page last updated: February 24, 2015
- Content source: