Heat and People with Chronic Medical Conditions
- Drink more water than usual and don’t wait until you’re thirsty to drink.
- Check on a friend or neighbor, and have someone do the same for you.
- Check the local news for health and safety updates regularly.
- Don’t use the stove or oven to cook——it will make you and your house hotter.
- Wear loose, lightweight, light-colored clothing.
- Take cool showers or baths to cool down.
- Seek medical care immediately if you or someone you know experiences symptoms of heat-related illness.