Olympiad » Disease Detectives Event
Write an Event Problem
Find a potential problem
- Review example problems from regional and national events.
- Search material in More Resources.
- Look for reports of outbreaks, epidemics, surveys, and other current
public health problems.
- Define relevant terms.
- Explain why this is an important problem.
- List or describe steps of an investigation to respond to this problem.
- Give data, construct relevant charts and graphs.
- Calculate and interpret measures of risk.
- Specify hypotheses to explain the problem.
- Describe study design to test hypotheses.
- Describe and justify interventions.
Establish a scoring system
Pilot your problem
Back to Disease Detectives Event