Questions to Consider
"You Are Not Alone" Video
- How did the video make you feel?
- Which parents did you relate to most? Why (or how)?
- Do you face similar challenges? Which are the most difficult for you?
- Do you think the solutions heard in the video would work in your family? Why or why not?
- Which issues/topics/moments in the video were most relevant to you? Why?
- Did any of the comments from parents who survived the teen years resonate? Which ones? Why?
- How do the teen years make epilepsy more challenging?
- What is your biggest fear for your teen? For your family?
- Has your role changed? If so, how?
- Where do you go for moral support?
- What helps you cope?
- How do you share your teen's condition with other adults in his/her life? What has been their reaction?
- How has epilepsy affected your family relationships, specifically with your other children?
- How has epilepsy affected your family relationships, specifically with your spouse, partner, or other adult family member?
- What are some ways you've dealt with your teen's need for independence? How have you balanced his or her need for independence and your need for reassurance?
- How do you keep the lines of communication open with your teen?