Employment Opportunity for Retired Federal Employees
Federal Retirees Needed to Assist with the 2014 Ebola Response
As part of the 2014 Ebola response, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is recruiting retired federal employees who are qualified and willing to assist with the emergency response to the Ebola epidemic. If you are retired from the federal government but would like to continue using your expertise in helping others domestically, and possibly abroad, consider joining the CDC Retiree Reemployment Program.
Applicants selected may be eligible for a waiver of the dual compensation reduction/salary offset which is otherwise required for reemployed Federal civilian annuitants. For more information on the waiver, read our FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions). To learn more about annuitant employment read CSRS and FERS Handbook, Chapter 100, Reemployed Annuitants.
The Human Resources Office (HRO) provides the full range of human resources/personnel services to CDC and is accepting and maintaining applications for the CDC Retiree Reemployment Program.
Individuals retired from a Federal agency are eligible for consideration.
To be considered for job opportunities, please provide the following information to HRO:
- A resume with the required information. If you need assistance on how to build a resume, visit https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/How_to_create_your_resume
- Your last SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, reflecting your retirement action.
- College transcript(s), if applicable [Learn more]
IMPORTANT: Please do NOT provide extraneous documents such as copies of training certificates or college degrees, letters of recommendation, publications, etc. We will contact you if this type of information is required.
Submit your resume/application and supporting documents via e-mail to EmergencyHires@cdc.gov or fax to our secure fax at 770-488-1979.
Upon receipt of your application, we will:
- Send you a response acknowledging receipt of your resume.
- Determine positions for which you may qualify.
- Maintain your information in a database.
- Forward your application for consideration as opportunities arise in which you meet the qualifications.
Read the FAQ's for more information.
Contact the Human Resources Office at (770) 488-1725 or email@example.com.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
Human Resources Office
4770 Buford Highway
Atlanta, GA 30341
- 770-488-1228 (TTY)