In part one—your first day—of the orientation process, you will:
- Be sworn in to federal service;
- Sign your completed HR forms (if applicable);
- Learn more about the CDC’s vision, mission and core values;
- Hear from CDC Senior Leadership on agency priorities, learn about the rich history of CDC and our values and mission, hear from representatives from Human Resources, Ethics, Office of Diversity Management and Equal Employment Opportunity, and Office of Safety, Security, and Assets Management
- Visit the Computer Lab to complete your required safety and security training, if you haven’t done so already;
Benefits and Forms
As a federal employee, you are given the opportunity to enroll in or transfer Federal Employee Health Benefits (FEHB) coverage. Your welcome letter includes a link to the Onboarding Manager system, which provides you with the necessary enrollment forms. If you are unsure of your eligibility, use the CDC Benefits Eligibility Chart to determine the benefits available to you.
Benefits forms should be submitted to HR during Part 1 of the orientation process or soon thereafter. You must submit your Health Benefits Election Form (SF-2809) and Life Insurance Election Form (SF-2817) within 60 days of your entry on duty (EOD) date. You are automatically enrolled in Basic Life Insurance unless you change or waive this option. Health Benefits do not become effective until the pay period after the forms are received in HR.
HR REPRESENTATIVES CANNOT PROVIDE ADVICE ABOUT OR ENDORSE ANY PARTICULAR BENEFITS PROVIDER. For a list of FEHB providers, including rates and comparison charts, visit the Office of Personnel Management’s Healthcare-Insurance site.
Further, beneficiary forms do not need to be submitted if you agree with the following order of precedence: spouse, children, parents, executor of state, next of kin.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
Human Resources Office
4770 Buford Highway
Atlanta, GA 30341
- 770-488-1228 (TTY)