Welcome to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR)!
I am delighted that you are joining the CDC/ATSDR family. Every employee performs an important role in our agency. We strive to be a productive, healthy organization by encouraging a diverse and inclusive workforce, recognized for high quality work around the world.
To fulfill our mission, CDC/ATSDR works 24/7 to develop tools and share information that people and communities need to better protect their health –through health promotion; prevention of disease, injury, and disability; and preparedness for new health threats.
- CDC/ATSDR collaborates with partners throughout the nation and the world to:
- Monitor health.
- Detect and investigate health problems.
- Conduct research to enhance prevention.
- Develop and advocate sound public health policies.
- Implement prevention strategies.
- Promote health behaviors.
- Foster safe and healthful environments.
- Provide leadership and trainin.
Programs in each of CDC’s centers, institutes, and offices conduct these core activities, basing their work on scientific excellence. This dedication requires a world-class team committed to advancing public health.
- As you begin your career at CDC, I want to share five key principles that guide our work:
- Be a diligent steward of the funds entrusted to the agency.
- Provide an environment for intellectual and personal growth and integrity.
- Base all public health decisions on the highest quality scientific data, openly and objectively derived.
- Place the benefits to society above the benefits to the institution.
- Treat all people with dignity, honesty, and respect.
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
Human Resources Office
4770 Buford Highway
Atlanta, GA 30341
- 770-488-1228 (TTY)