- 13 days of sick leave per year, accrued at a rate of 4 hours per pay period
- Up to 26 leave days per year for vacation or other personal use:
- 13 days per year for less than 3 years of Federal service - accrued at a rate of 4 hours per pay period
- 20 days per year after 3 years of Federal service but less than 15 years - accrued at a rate of 6 hours per pay period
- 26 days per year after 15 years of Federal service - accrued at a rate of 8 hours per pay period
- Family Friendly Leave Policies, with flexibility for events such as military leave, birth or adoption of a child, care of a sick family member, or care of yourself in response to a serious health condition or emergency.
- Continuing education program, both in-house and off-site, for all employees
- Lecture series featuring leading experts in their fields
- Opportunities to work with world-class scientists in the agency
- An atmosphere of growth, with visiting scientists from around the world who come to learn and to share their expertise
- Programs for health professional and scientists from other institutions to participate in the agency's research
- Leave programs and policies to help balance work and family life.
- More information on family friendly work and leave programs is available at: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp.
- Coverage available for employees, their spouses, and their unmarried, dependent children under age 22
- Many options, including fee-for-service or HMO plans with costs shared by the Government. (The government pays a substantial amount of the premium cost and the employee’s portion is paid through payroll deduction.)
- Medical examination is not required to obtain coverage
- No restrictions due to age, current health, or pre-existing medical condition
- Premiums as well as out-of-pocket costs can be paid with pre-tax dollars
- Eligible for Medicare Part A at no cost beginning at age 65
- Long Term Care Insurance Program
- Social security benefit
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP), a 401(k) type plan with choice of five investment funds and Government matching contributions up to 5%
- A defined benefit based on years of employment and salary history
- More information on the federal retirement plan is available at http://www.opm.gov/retire/
- Protection against high costs of long term care
- Personal access to registered nurse care coordinators and home care
- More information on the long-term care program is available at http://www.ltcfeds.com/index.html.
- Group term life insurance
- Optional additional benefits
- More information on the federal life insurance program is available at www.opm.gov/insure/life/.
- The federal flexible spending account is a pre-tax benefits program that allows you to set aside pre-tax dollars for qualifying medical, child care, or adult care expenses.
- Health Care FSA to set aside up to $4,000 in pre-tax dollars for out-of-pocket medical expenses and other benefits not covered by your health plan
- Dependent Care FSA to set aside up to $5,000 in pre-tax dollars to cover daycare or other expenses related to the care of a child or qualifying dependent adult
- More information on federal flexible spending account is available at (FSAFEDS)
- Innovative wellness programs
- Fitness Centers
- Elder care program
- Eligibility for membership in the CDC Federal Credit Union
- Confidential referrals, resources, and professional counseling services for employees and qualified family members who may be facing personal or work-related problems
- Free access to a medical clinic
Get email updates
To receive email updates about this page, enter your email address:
Human Capital and Resources Management Office
4770 Buford Highway
Atlanta, GA 30341
- 770-488-1228 (TTY)