Immunization Information Systems (IIS)
As a part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), the meaningful use initiative requires participating healthcare providers to meet established public health criteria to receive EHR-MU incentives. One of three possible public health components involves testing and establishing a connection from the provider site EHR to the appropriate Immunization Information System (IIS). There are three stages of implementation for meaningful use that will span several years, with Stage 1 beginning in 2011.
For further Immunization related information refer to the CDC Immunization website at Meaningful Use and Immunization Information Systems
To access the Stage 2 Meaningful Use HL7 Implementation Guide, please click here:.
Related Immunization Implementation Guides:
- Implementation Guide for Immunization Data Transactions using Version 2.3.1 of the Health Level Seven (HL7) Protocol, Version 2.2 June 2006
- HL7 Version 2.5.1: Implementation Guide for Immunization Messaging, Release 1.3 Published 8/15/2011
- HL7 Version 2.5.1: Implementation Guide for Immunization Messaging, Release 1.2 Published 2/12/2011
- HL7 Version 2.5.1: Implementation Guide for Immunization Messaging, Release 1.1 Published 8/15/2010
- HL7 Version 2.5.1: Implementation Guide for Immunization Messaging, Release 1.0 Published 5/1/2010
Immunization State Registry Contacts
- Page last reviewed: May 9, 2014
- Page last updated: May 9, 2014
- Content source: