Mission and Goal
The missions of the Office of Diversity Management and Equal Employment Opportunity include the following:
- To eradicate employment discrimination, improve diversity in the workplace, and create an environment where all CDC employees are valued, respected, and free to develop and perform to their fullest potential.
- To minimize workplace disruption, preserve business relationships, foster a respectful environment, build trust, promote better communication, and provide efficient, effective and appropriate dispute resolution services to CDC and ATSDR employees.
The goal of the Office of Diversity Management and Equal Employment Opportunity is to build a model Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Diversity Program that:
- Demonstrates Commitment from Agency Leadership
- Integrates EEO into the Agency's Strategic Mission
- Ensures management and program accountability
- Is efficient
- Is proactive in preventing unlawful discrimination
- Ensures responsiveness and legal compliance
- Is an employer of choice