News and Reports
Reports from the CDC Collaborative.
- Patel, P.R., Yi, S.H., Booth, S., Bren, V., Downham, G., Hess, S., ... Kallen, A.J. (2013). Bloodstream infection rates in outpatient hemodialysis facilities participating in a collaborative prevention effort: A quality improvement report. American Journal of Kidney Diseases, 62(2), 322-330.
- Lindberg, C., Downham, G., Buscell, P., Jones, E., Peterson, P., & Krebs, V. (2013). Embracing collaboration: A novel strategy for reducing bloodstream infections in outpatient hemodialysis centers. American Journal of Infection Control, 41(6), 513-519.
- Hess, S., Alston; W.K., Bushey, M.; Rimmer, J. (October, 2012). A four year experience with a central line access-related bloodstream infection (CL-ARB) prevention program in six outpatient hemodialysis (HD) centers. Oral abstract presented at IDWeek 2012. San Diego, CA.
- Yi, S.H., Kallen, A.J., Jernigan, J.A., & Patel, P.R. (May, 2012). Reduction in bloodstream infection rates in outpatient hemodialysis centers participating in a CDC prevention collaborative. Poster presented at the National Kidney Foundation Spring Clinical Meetings 2012. Washington, DC.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). (2012). Reducing bloodstream infections in an outpatient hemodialysis center. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, 16(61), 169-173.
- Kallen, A.J., Patel, P.R., Hess, S. (2011). Intolerance of chlorhexidine as a skin antiseptic in patients undergoing hemodialysis. [PDF - 138 KB] Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology, 32(11), 1144-1146.
- Lincoln, M. (2011). Preventing catheter-associated bloodstream infections in hemodialysis centers: The facility perspective. [PDF - 158 KB] Nephrology Nursing Journal, 38(5), 411-415.
News from websites and organizations with a focus on dialysis.
- Following CDC Protocols Cuts Dialysis Bloodstream Infections in Half
- Infections are not Inevitable
- Preventing Bloodstream Infections in Hemodialysis Patients: the Patient Perspective [PDF - 227 KB]
- See, I., Shugart, A., Lamb, C., Kallen, A.J., Patel, P.R., Sinkowitz-Cochran, R.L. (2014). Infection control and bloodstream infection prevention: the perspective of patients receiving hemodialysis. Nephrology Nursing Journal, 41(1), 37-39.
- CDC Vital Signs Report: Making Health Care Safer Reducing Bloodstream Infections [PDF - 2.44 MB]
CDC Hemodialysis Collaborative Conference Call Schedule 2015
- Thursday, February 26, 2015 – Time: 3-4pm ET
- Thursday, May 21, 2015 – Time: 3-4pm ET
- Thursday, October 15, 2015 – Time: 3-4pm ET
- Thursday, December 10, 2015 – Time: 3-4pm ET