Benefits of Joining the Collaborative
In addition to sharing best practices, Collaborative members also:
- Have the opportunity to network with other members through in-person meetings and monthly collaborative calls to discuss infection prevention topics
- Get input on specific challenges to prevention from dialysis and BSI prevention experts
- Gain familiarity with analysis of NHSN data for their dialysis center and receive support for NHSN use and infection measurement from experts at CDC
- Describe collaborative efforts at regional and national meetings and serve as role models for others
- Have support from experts in implementation science
What Current Members Are Saying About the Collaborative
- "It’s exciting to learn from others and develop best practices that allow us to hopefully make a positive impact on the overall care and outcomes for our dialysis patients."
– Kathy Morrissette, R.N., R.V.T., Maine General Medical Center
- "We at CDC are very interested in the success of this collaborative. We hope to use these centers as an example of what is possible with regard to BSI prevention among dialysis patients. We are convinced that a collaborative of this nature will help lead toward better infection control practices in dialysis centers nationwide."
– John A. Jernigan, M.D., M.S., Director of the Office of Prevention Research and Evaluation, Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion (DHQP), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention