On This Page
2007 National Diabetes Fact Sheet
This webpage is archived for historical purposes and is no longer being maintained or updated.
General information and national estimates on diabetes in the United States, 2007
The 2007 fact sheet is provided in Portable Document Format [345–KB].
National Diabetes Fact Sheet Figures [PPT–137 KB] and Lifetime Risks of Developing Diabetes [PPT–62 KB] are provided in Microsoft PowerPoint. National Diabetes Fact Sheet Figures [PDF 36–KB] and Lifetime Risks of Developing Diabetes [17–KB] are also available in Portable Document Format.
The following organizations collaborated in compiling the information for this fact sheet:
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- American Association of Diabetes Educators
- American Diabetes Association
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Health Resources and Services Administration
- Indian Health Service
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International
- National Diabetes Education Program, a joint program of NIH and CDC
- National Diabetes Information Clearing House
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disease of the
National Institutes of Health
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Minority
This publication is not subject to copyright restrictions; please duplicate and distribute copies as desired.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National diabetes fact sheet: general information and national estimates on diabetes in the United States, 2007. Atlanta, GA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2008.
CDC-INFO Public Inquiries & Publications
Phone: 1-800-CDC-INFO (232-4636)
In English, en Español
8am-8pm ET/Monday-Friday Closed Holidays
For Other Information
Division of Diabetes Translation
National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
4770 Buford Highway NE, Mailstop K-10, Atlanta, GA 30341-3717
Telephone 770-488-5000; Fax 770-488-8211