2014 National Diabetes Statistics Report
Diagnosed and undiagnosed diabetes in the United States
Total:29.1 million people or 9.3% of the population have diabetes.
Diagnosed:21.0 million people.
Undiagnosed:8.1 million people (27.8% of people with diabetes are undiagnosed).
all ages, 2012
Table of Contents
- Estimates of Diabetes and Its Burden in the United States [PDF-3.18MB]
- Data Sources, Methods, and References [PDF-260KB]
- General Information [PDF-1.27MB]
- Acknowledgements [PDF-466KB]
This publication is not subject to copyright restrictions; please duplicate and distribute copies as desired.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Diabetes Statistics Report: Estimates of Diabetes and Its Burden in the United States, 2014. Atlanta, GA: US Department of Health and Human Services; 2014.
- Page last reviewed: October 24, 2014
- Page last updated: May 15, 2015
- Content source:
- Maintained By:
- National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Division of Diabetes Translation