Other Statistic Resources
- Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS)
The BRFSS, the world’s largest telephone survey, tracks health risks in the United States. Information from the survey is used to improve the health of the American people.
The FASTATS site provides quick access to statistics on topics of public health importance and is organized alphabetically. Links are provided to publications that include the statistics presented, to sources of more data, and to related web pages.
- Health United States, 2009
Health, United States is an annual report on trends in health statistics.
- Morbidity and Mortality Chartbook from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
The Morbidity & Mortality: Chart Book on Cardiovascular, Lung, and Blood Diseases is a biennial compilation of data on the size and trends of morbidity and mortality from the cardiovascular, lung, and blood diseases. While most charts describe national prevalence, hospitalizations, and mortality statistics, some of them provide additional information by state or country. Risk factors estimates and the economic costs of these diseases are also included.
- Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics from the American Heart Association
The American Heart Association works with government agencies to derive our annual statistics for cardiovascular diseases, including coronary heart disease, stroke and high blood pressure.
- Page last reviewed: March 13, 2014
- Page last updated: July 23, 2013
- Content source: