The Division for Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention (DHDSP) has developed evaluation tools and resources to assist state health departments, tribal organizations, communities and partners in their programmatic and evaluation efforts. While many of the tools and resources were developed primarily for use by DHDSP-funded programs, they may also be of interest to entities not funded by DHDSP or working in other chronic disease areas.
Introducing Field Notes! Every day, we see examples of different approaches used in the field by colleagues working at the state, local, and community levels. With Field Notes, we can share some of these efforts from across the nation.
New Field Notes will be available on a regular basis, so please check in periodically, and let us know if there are specific types of efforts or activities you would like to see highlighted. Keep in mind that to provide you with timely examples, levels of evidence may differ for the example strategies.
- Colorado Heart Smart Navigation Program [PDF-877K]
- Kaiser Permanente Colorado Hypertension Management Program [PDF-841K]
- Michigan Improving Performance in Practice [PDF-840K]
- North Dakota MediQHome of Blue Cross Blue Shield [PDF-826K]
Program Evaluation Guides
- Writing SMART Objectives
- Developing and Using a Logic Model
- Developing an Evaluation Plan
- Fundamentals of Evaluating Partnerships
- Using Indicators for Program Planning and Evaluation
- Evaluation Reporting: A Guide to Help Ensure Use of Evaluation Findings [PDF-405K]
Evaluation Tip Sheets
- Program Evaluation Tip Sheet: Integrating GIS Into Evaluation [PDF-338K]
- Program Evaluation Tip Sheet: Constructing Survey Questions [PDF-444K]
- Program Evaluation Tip Sheet: Evaluating Training Events [PDF-438K]
- Program Evaluation Tip Sheet: Reach and Impact [PDF-356K]
- Indicators Spotlight: Health Care Practice Redesign [PDF-316K]
- Indicators Spotlight: Sodium Reduction [PDF-310K]
- Indicators Spotlight: Health Care Extenders [PDF-313K]
- State Cardiovascular Health Examination Survey
- CDC State Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention Program Evaluation Framework