17. Beral V, Colwell L. Randomized trial of high doses of stilbestrol and ethisterone in pregnancy: long-term follow-up of mothers. Brit Med J 1980;281:1098-1101.
18. Bibbo M, Haenszel WM, Wied GL, Hubby M, Herbst AL. A twenty-five year follow-up study of women exposed to diethylstilbestrol during pregnancy. N Engl J Med 1978;298(14):763-7.
19. Brian DD, Tilley BC, Labarthe DR, O'Fallon WM, Noller KL, Kurland LT. Breast cancer in DES-exposed mothers - absence of association. Mayo Clin Proc 1980;55:89-93.
20. Braun MM, Ahlbom A, Floderus B, Brinton LA, Hoover RN. Effect of twinship on incidence of cancer of the testis, breast, and other sites [Sweden]. Cancer Causes Control 1995;6:519-24.
21. Calle EE, Mervis CA, Thun MJ, Rodriguez C, Wingo PA, Health CW. Diethylstilbestrol and risk of fatal breast cancer in a prospective cohort of US women. Am J Epidemiol 1996;144(7):645-51.
22. Cohen I, Altaras M, Jaffe R, Markov S, Corduba M, Ben Aderet N. Ovarian cancer in women given diethylstilbestrol in pregnancy: two case reports. J Pathol 1987;152(2):95-7.
23. Collaborative Group on Hormonal Factors in Breast Cancer. Breast cancer and hormonal contraceptives: collaborative reanalysis of individual data on 53,297 women with breast cancer and 100,239 women without breast cancer from 54 epidemiological studies. Lancet 1996;347:1713-27.
24. Colton T, Greenberg ER, Noller K, Resseguie L, Van Bennekom C, Heeren T, et al. Breast cancer in mothers prescribed diethylstilbestrol in pregnancy: Further follow-up. JAMA 1993;269:2096-100.
25. Greenberg ER, Barnes AB, Resseguie L, Barrett JA, Burnside S, Lanza LL, et al. Breast cancer in mothers given diethylstilbestrol in pregnancy. N Eng J Med 1984;311(22):1393-8.
26. Hadjimichael OC, Meigs JW, Falcier FW, Thompson WD, Flannery JT. Cancer risk among women exposed to exogenous estrogens during pregnancy. J Natl Cancer Inst 1984;73(4):831-4.
27. Herbst AL, Poskanzer DC, Robboy SJ, Friedlander l, Scully RE. A prospective comparison of exposed female offspring with unexposed controls. N Engl J Med 1975;292(7):334-9.
28. Hoover R, Gray LA Sr, Fraumeni JD Jr. Stilbestrol (diethylstilbestrol) and the risk of ovarian cancer. Lancet 1977;2(8037):533-4.
29. Hubby MM, Haenszel WM, Herbst AL. Effects on mother following exposure to diethylstilbestrol during pregnancy. In: Herbst AL, Bern HA, editors. Developmental effects of diethylstilbestrol (DES) in pregnancy. New York: Thieme-Stratton, Inc.; 1981. Chapter 9.
30. Kelsey JL, Berkowitz GS: Breast cancer epidemiology [review]. Cancer Res 1988;48(20):5615-23.
31. Meara J, Vessey M, Fairweather DV. A randomized double-blind controlled trial of the value of diethylstilbestrol therapy in pregnancy: 35 years follow-up of mothers and their offspring. Brit J Obstet Gynecol 1989;96(5):620-2.
32. Pharoah PD, Day NE, Duffy S, Easton DF, Ponder BA. Family history and the risk of breast cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Int J Cancer 1997;71:800-9.
33. Titus-Ernstoff L, Hatch EE, Hoover RN, Palmer J, Greenberg ER, Ricker W, et al. Long-term cancer risk in women given diethylstilbestrol (DES) during pregnancy. Br J Cancer 2001;84:126-33.
34. Vessey MP, Fairweather DVI, Norman-Smith B, Buckley J. A randomized double blind controlled trial of the value of stilbestrol therapy in pregnancy: Long-term follow-up of mothers and their offspring. Brit J Obstet Gynecol 1983;90:1007-17.
35. Wingard DL, Turiel J. Long-term effects of exposure to diethylstilbestrol. West J Med 1988;149(5):551-4.
Back to Top