- Coronavirus infections, World Health Organization
- Novel Coronavirus 2012, Public Health England
- Questions and Answers - Novel Coronavirus 2012, Public Health England
- Coronaviruses, including SARS-CoV (Red Book, American Academy of Pediatrics, 2012)
- CDC Features – Novel Coronavirus Recently Detected
- Infection prevention and control during health care for probable or confirmed cases of novel coronavirus (nCoV) infection. [161 KB, 9 pages] World Health Organization, May 6, 2013
- Notice to Health Care Providers: Updated Guidelines for Evaluation of Severe Respiratory Illness Associated with a Novel Coronavirus. HAN, March 8, 2013
- Revised interim case definition - novel coronavirus. World Health Organization
- Rapid Risk Assessment - Update: Severe respiratory disease associated with Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV). [408 KB, 14 pages] European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, May 17, 2013
- Information for healthcare professionals - novel coronavirus 2013. Public Health England
- Novel human Coronavirus hCoV-EMC. Institute for Virology, University of Klinikumbonn
- CDC. Update: Severe Respiratory Illness Associated with a Novel Coronavirus - Worldwide, 2012-2013. MMWR. 2013;62;194-5.
- The Health Protection Agency (HPA) UK Novel Coronavirus Investigation team. Evidence of person-to-person transmission within a family cluster of novel coronavirus infections, United Kingdom, February 2013. Euro Surveill. 2013;18(11):pii=20427.
- Raj VS, Mou H, Smits SL, Dekkers DHW, Müller MA, Dijkman R, et al. Dipeptidyl peptidase 4 is a functional receptor for the emerging human coronavirus-EMCE. Nature. 2013;495:251-4. doi: 10.1038/nature12005
- CDC. Severe respiratory illness associated with a novel coronavirus - Saudi Arabia and Qatar, 2012. MMWR. 2012;61;820.
- Kindler E, Jónsdóttir HR, Muth D, Hamming OJ, Hartmann R, Rodriguez R, Geffers R, Fouchier RA, Drosten C, Müller MA, Dijkman R, Thiel V. Efficient Replication of the Novel Human Betacoronavirus EMC on Primary Human Epithelium Highlights Its Zoonotic Potential. MBio. 2013;4(1):e00611-12. doi: 10.1128/mBio.00611-12
- Corman VM, Müller MA, Costabel U, Timm J, Binger T, Meyer B, et al. Assays for laboratory confirmation of novel coronavirus (hCoV-EMC) infections. Euro Surveill. 2012;17(49):pii=20334
- Palm D, Pereyaslov D, Vaz J, Broberg E, Zeller H, Gross D, et al. Laboratory capability for molecular detection and confirmation of novel coronavirus in Europe, November 2012. Euro Surveill. 2012;17(49):pii=20335.
- van Boheemen S, de Graaf M, Lauber C, Bestebroer TM, Raj VS, Zaki AM, Osterhaus ADME, Haagmans BL, Gorbalenya AE, Snijder EJ, Fouchier RAM. Genomic Characterization of a Newly Discovered Coronavirus Associated with Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome in Humans. mBio. 2012;3(6):e00473-12. doi:10.1128/mBio.00473-12.
- Anderson LJ, Baric RS. Emerging human coronaviruses-disease potential and preparedness (editorial). NEJM. 2012 Oct. DOI: 10.1056/NEJMe1212300.
- Zaki AM, van Boheemen S, Bestebroer TM, Osterhaus ADME, Fouchier RAM. Isolation of a novel coronavirus from a man with pneumonia in Saudi Arabia. NEJM. 2012 Oct. DOI: 10.1056/NEJMoa1211721.
- Nishiura H, Mizumoto K, Ejima K, Zhong Y, Cowling BJ, Omori R. Incubation period as part of the case definition of severe respiratory illness caused by a novel coronavirus. Euro Surveill. 2012;17(42 ):pii=20296.
- Bermingham A, Chand MA, Brown CS, Aarons E, Tong C, Langrish C, et al. Severe respiratory illness caused by a novel coronavirus, in a patient transferred to the United Kingdom from the Middle East, September 2012. Euro Surveill. 2012;17(40):pii=20290.
- Corman VM, Eckerle I, Bleicker T, Zaki A, Landt O, Eschbach-Bludau M, et al. Detection of a novel human coronavirus by real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction. Euro Surveill. 2012; 17(39):pii=20285.
- Danielsson N, on behalf of the ECDC Internal Response Team, Catchpole M. Novel coronavirus associated with severe respiratory disease: case definition and public health measures. Euro Surveill. 2012:17(39):pii=20282.
- Pebody RG, Chand MA, Thomas HL, Green HK, Boddington NL, Carvalho C, et al. The United Kingdom public health response to an imported laboratory confirmed case of a novel coronavirus in September 2012. Euro Surveill. 2012;17(40):pii=20292.
- International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), CDC
- National Surveillance for Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-CoV)[75 KB, 18 pages]
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), WHO
- WHO guidelines/recommendations/descriptions, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), WHO
- Multi-centre Collaborative Network: Laboratories testing for SARS, WHO
Images and logos on this website which are trademarked/copyrighted or used with permission of the trademark/copyright or logo holder are not in the public domain. These images and logos have been licensed for or used with permission in the materials provided on this website. The materials in the form presented on this website may be used without seeking further permission. Any other use of trademarked/copyrighted images or logos requires permission from the trademark/copyright holder...more
This graphic notice means that you are leaving an HHS Web site. For more information, please see the Exit Notification and Disclaimer policy.
The Coronavirus Study Group of the International Committee on the Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) has decided, after careful consideration and broad consultation, to call this novel coronavirus "MERS-CoV." CDC will be updating our website to use this new name.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
1600 Clifton Rd
Atlanta, GA 30333
TTY: (888) 232-6348