Heads Up to Clinicians: Addressing Concussion in Sports among Kids and Teens
Free Online Training for Health Care Professionals
"Heads Up to Clinicians: Addressing Concussion in Sports among Kids and Teens" is a free, online course, developed by CDC through support from the CDC Foundation and the National Football League, available to health care professionals. It features interviews with leading experts, dynamic graphics, and case studies and provides an overview of what you, as a health care professional, need to know about concussion among young athletes.
What You Will Learn
In this course you will:
- Examine current research on what may be happening to the brain after a concussion
- Understand why young people are at increased risk
- Explore acute concussion assessment and individualized management of young athletes to help prepare for diagnosing and managing concussions on the sidelines, in your office, training room, or in the emergency department
- Learn about the 5-Step Return to Play progression and helping athletes safely return to school and play
- Focus on prevention and preparedness to help keep athletes safe season-to-season.
In the course Resource Center, you can also access additional concussion information, videos, presentations by leading experts, fact sheets, and other tools.