Other resources that may be helpful in building carbon monoxide surveillance include:
- The Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologist’s carbon monoxide poisoning case definition [PDF - 37 KB].
- National Environmental Public Health Tracking Network - Carbon Monoxide Poisoning is a system of integrated health, exposure, and hazard information and data from a variety of national, state, and city sources.
- Graber JM, Smith AE. (2007) “Results from a state-based surveillance system for carbon monoxide poisoning.” Public Health Reports. 122(2):145-54.
- Iqbal S, Clower JH, Boehmer TK, Yip FY, Garbe P. (2010) “Carbon monoxide-related hospitalizations in the U.S.: evaluation of a web-based query system for public health surveillance.” Public Health Reports 125(3):423-32.
- Iqbal S, Clower JH, King ME, Bell J, YipFY. "National Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Surveillance Framework and Recent Estimates." Public Health Reports 2012; 127: 486-496.
- Iqbal S, Clower J, Yip FY, Garbe P. “Carbon monoxide poisoning surveillance.” In: Occupational and environmental health. BS Levy, DH Wegman, SL Baron, RK Sokas, eds. 6th Ed. Oxford University Press, USA (ISBN: 0195397886 )