Climate Change Webinars: A Public Health Response
Changes occurring in the world’s climate are affecting our health and well being, and will have even greater impacts in the future. Climate change makes many existing diseases and conditions worse and also may introduce new threats to our nation’s population. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in collaboration with the American Public Health Association, hosted a six-part Webinar Series - Climate Change: Mastering the Public Health Role - intended to be a useful tool to help prepare the public health community for the challenges of climate change. We encourage your use of these webinars to educate and engage local public health agencies and community stakeholders.
- “An Overview of Climate Change Science and Impacts to Human Health”
- “A Look at U.S. Regional Impacts of Climate Change on Health”
- “The Public Health Role in State and Local Climate Change Action Plans”
- “The Public Health Role in Climate Change Communication and Effective Messaging Strategy”
- “An Eye Toward Public Health Adaptation Strategy”
- “Looking Ahead: Advancing the Public Health Response to Climate Change”