Chronic Disease Cost Calculator Resources
Follow the links on this page to access additional resources related to the Chronic Disease Cost Calculator.
- Chronic Disease Cost Calculator User Guide [PDF–781KB]
- Chronic Disease Cost Calculator Technical Appendix [PDF–811KB]
- Select Tools and Resources to Prevent Chronic Disease [PDF–251KB]
- Chronic Disease Cost Calculator Top FAQ
- Scientific Articles
- Trogdon, J.G., E.A. Finkelstein, and T.J. Hoerger. 2008. “Use of Econometric Models to Estimate Disease-Specific Shares of Medical Expenditures.*” Health Services Research 43(4):1442-1452.
- Trogdon JG, Finkelstein EA, Nwaise IA, Tangka FK, Orenstein D. The economic burden of chronic cardiovascular disease for major insurers. Health Promotion Practice. 2007 Jul; 8(3): 234-42.
- Packaged Data Files [Zip–407KB]
- Users can estimate the cost of diseases (hypertension, heart disease, congestive heart failure, stroke, diabetes, and cancer) in the Chronic Disease Cost Calculator using data from their own Medicaid program. SAS files, instructions, and related materials are available for download. (e.g., 4 SAS files, readme.doc, disease.doc, disease.xls, disease.txt)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (NCCDPHP)
4770 Buford Hwy, NE
Atlanta, GA 30341-3717
TTY: (888) 232-6348
- Contact NCCDPHP